Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
Curt Petrovich was one of the CBC's reporters making way through the rubble of Japan's disaster zone. Their blog reports and pictures are on cbc.ca/news. These are two of Curt's photos, of Yosuke Oda -- who was finding family photos in the ruins and displaying them for families still able to reclaim their memories.
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Promote, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Earthquake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least 11 killed
- A strong earthquake struck central Italy early Wednesday, collapsing homes on top of residents as they slept. At least 11 people were reported dead in two hard-hit towns where rescue crews raced to dig out survivors from the rubble.
- New Turkish tanks enter Syria in cross-border operation to free ISIS-held town
- Turkey's military launched an operation before dawn Wednesday to clear a Syrian border town from ISIS militants, and a private Turkish TV station reported that a small number of Turkish special forces had crossed into Syria as part of the operation.
- North Korea launches ballistic test missile from submarine
- North Korea fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile off its east coast, South Korea's military said on Wednesday, the latest in a string of missile launches by the isolated country in defiance of UN Security Council resolutions.
- U.S. 'heartbroken' at flood deaths in Louisiana, Obama says in Baton Rouge
- U.S. President Barack Obama says the nation is "heartbroken" by the loss of life during recent flooding in Louisiana.
- Turkish border town evacuated after hit by ISIS mortar from Syria: local media
- A Turkish news agency says authorities are asking residents to evacuate the Turkish border town of Karkamis after a mortar round fired from Syria hit the grounds of its municipality building.