Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
Curt Petrovich was one of the CBC's reporters making way through the rubble of Japan's disaster zone. Their blog reports and pictures are on cbc.ca/news. These are two of Curt's photos, of Yosuke Oda -- who was finding family photos in the ruins and displaying them for families still able to reclaim their memories.
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Promote, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Black and missing in America: advocates call for more help video
- When a black American goes missing the story isn't always treated the same by media and police as when a white American disappears, according to the Black and Missing Foundation. The two women who started the organization are determined to level the playing field.
- ISIS blamed for deadly bombing outside Afghanistan bank
- A suicide bomb blast in Afghanistan's eastern city of Jalalabad today killed 33 people and injured more than 100 outside a bank — an attack the country's president says was carried out by the Islamic State militant group.
- Australian teens arrested for alleged ISIS-inspired attack plot video
- Australian police have arrested five teenagers in Melbourne over an alleged plot to target police officers at a war memorial ceremony set for next weekend in the city.
- Photos Nepal marks anniversary of deadliest Mount Everest avalanche
- Nepal marked the anniversary of Mount Everest's deadliest avalanche on Saturday with a memorial and a government announcement that it will set up a welfare fund for mountaineering and trekking workers in the Himalayan nation.
- Nearly 100 migrants arrive in Palermo, Italy
- Nearly 100 migrants arrived in Palermo, Italy on Saturday after being rescued at sea.