Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
Curt Petrovich was one of the CBC's reporters making way through the rubble of Japan's disaster zone. Their blog reports and pictures are on cbc.ca/news. These are two of Curt's photos, of Yosuke Oda -- who was finding family photos in the ruins and displaying them for families still able to reclaim their memories.
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Promote, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Breaking Bodies of 74 migrants wash ashore in Libya
- Libya's Red Crescent says 74 bodies of migrants have washed ashore in the western city of Zawiya on the Mediterranean Sea.
- Trump names H.R. McMaster as national security adviser
- U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday that Lt.-Gen. Herbert Raymond McMaster would be his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, again turning to the U.S. military to play a central role on his foreign policy team.
- Canadian troops in Iraq mount pressure on ISIS around Syrian border
- Canadian special forces have shifted their operations in northern Iraq to put pressure on ISIS in places outside the strategic city of Mosul — including along the border with Syria.
- Jewish centre threats across U.S. prompt tweet from Ivanka Trump
- Several Jewish community centers (JCC) across the United States were evacuated for a time on Monday after receiving bomb threats, the latest wave of threatened attacks against them this year, the national umbrella organization said.
- U.S. tourists among 5 dead as plane crashes into Melbourne mall
- A light plane carrying five people crashed into a shopping mall on Tuesday in the city of Melbourne, Australia, officials said.