Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
Curt Petrovich was one of the CBC's reporters making way through the rubble of Japan's disaster zone. Their blog reports and pictures are on cbc.ca/news. These are two of Curt's photos, of Yosuke Oda -- who was finding family photos in the ruins and displaying them for families still able to reclaim their memories.
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Promote, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN PHILADELPHIA Diehard Sanders backers descend on Democratic convention vowing 'Bernie or Bust'
- Some loyal Bernie Sanders voters have organized multiple events and rallies in support of the failed Democratic presidential nominee in Philadelphia to coincide with the party's convention. "Bernie or Bust" adherents say there is no way they will vote for Hillary Clinton.
- Black lives, blue lives, all lives: What does it mean when we say certain lives matter? video
- The recent shooting of black men at the hands of police and the killings of law enforcement officers in response have reinstated complicated discussions about what it means when we say certain lives matter.
- New Deadly ISIS attack in Kabul leaves Afghanistan in mourning
- Afghanistan marked a national day of mourning on Sunday, a day after at least 80 people were killed by a suicide bomber attack on a peaceful demonstration.
- IOC poised to rule on Russia's status for Rio
- With the credibility of the fight against doping on the line and the image of the Olympic movement at stake, the IOC will hold a crucial meeting Sunday to consider whether to ban Russia entirely from the Rio Games because of systematic, state-sponsored cheating.
- Calgary man detained in Turkey accused of plotting failed coup, friend says
- A family friend says a Canadian man is being held in Turkey on accusations he was a leader of the failed July 15 military coup in that country.