Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
Curt Petrovich was one of the CBC's reporters making way through the rubble of Japan's disaster zone. Their blog reports and pictures are on cbc.ca/news. These are two of Curt's photos, of Yosuke Oda -- who was finding family photos in the ruins and displaying them for families still able to reclaim their memories.
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Promote, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN ISTANBUL 'He always said he was going to kill her': Turkish laws protecting women are often ignored
- There is no shortage of laws protecting women in Turkey, activists say. But amid horrifying violence against women, the problem is getting lawyers and judges to apply them.
- Updated Manager deflects blame after fire turns Oakland artists' colony into 'mass grave'
- Firefighters say they have cleared 85 per cent of the Oakland, Calif., warehouse where a fire broke out Friday night and killed dozens of people during an underground dance party.
- Analysis Trump's Taiwan call could disrupt 'very calibrated dance' between U.S., China
- U.S. president-elect Donald Trump's official call with the leader of Taiwan breaks diplomatic protocol, a move that could lead to an economic and military standoff, Asia analysts warn.
- Merkel calls for veil ban, looks to quell migrant concerns
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel advocated banning the full-face veils worn by some Muslim women in a speech to her party's congress, stressing her determination to prevent a repeat of last year's huge migrant influx.
- Beyoncé, Drake, Adele and Justin Bieber to vie for Grammy Awards
- Singers Beyoncé and Adele, as well as Canadians Justin Bieber and Drake are among the lead nominees for the 59th annual Grammy Awards.