Asia: January 2010 Archives
Thursday January 7, 2010
Inside North Korea. Defectors tell stories of hunger and horror.
Italy's fascination with prime-time porn. Why TV there treats women like sex toys.
Some say you could raise billions to fight poverty and nobody would miss it. Why won't governments go for it?
In Congo, paramilitaries stole an entire fifth grade and turned it into child soldiers. We revisit the courtroom and the man back on trial for it.
And a story of self-help in Haiti -- which needs all the help it can get.
Listen to Part 1
Listen to Part 2
Click here to listen to the individual Dispatches.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- Tue., 26 – July 28 & 31: from Kwa Dabekaa, South Africa - Vancouver - Haiti - Zimbabwe - Kolkata, India - New York
- Thu., 21 – July 21 & 24: from Yunnan province, China - Haiti - South Africa - Uljanovsk, Russia - Palermo, Italy
- Thu., 7 – July 7 & 10: from Cape Town, South Africa - Kabul, Afghanistan - Democratic Republic of Congo - Mogadishu, Somalia - Germany
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Thu., 17 – Beijing...ice swimming and loving it
- Thu., 17 – Kabul... Ormiston on Afghanistanization
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – China rolls back reforms
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 11 injured after roller coaster derails at Scottish theme park
- A roller coaster carriage at a theme park in Scotland came off its rails on Sunday and fell onto a ride below, injuring 11 people, according to local police.
- Spain election: Conservatives fail to win majority, cannot yet form government
- Spaniards headed to the polls Sunday for an unprecedented repeat election that failed to break six months of political deadlock as again no party managed to win a majority.
- Istanbul pride parade hit with tear gas by police, at least 19 arrested
- Police in Istanbul have used tear gas and have detained activists who gathered to mark gay pride week after authorities banned their rally in the city. At least 19 activists have been detained.
- Panama Canal officially opens after $5.25B expansion
- It's two years late and more than a billion dollars over budget, but the expanded Panama Canal opened on Sunday after nearly 10 years of construction.
- Iraqi city of Fallujah declared 'fully liberated' from ISIS
- A senior Iraqi commander has declared the city of Fallujah "fully liberated" from Islamic State group militants, after a military operation of more than a month.