Asia: November 2009 Archives
Thursday November 26, 2009
Latin America goes shopping for firepower. Since nobody expects it to actually fire the new guns, what are they for exactly?
A look inside "the land of the fires." How toxic muck and the Mob are poisoning one of the most fertile regions of Italy.
Africa is mad as hell and it's not going to partake in the UN climate change conference if something isn't done about carbon emissions.
And from Mumbai, why Mary Colaso can't go home. Mobility is changing tradition for the elderly of India.
Listen to Part One
Listen to Part Two
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Past Episodes
Thursday November 19, 2009
Elections coming. Americans leaving. Tensions rising. A view from the barricades in Iraq.
From the land behind God's back, meet the burnesh of the Balkans: women who lead their lives as men.
A year since the Mumbai attacks some wounds have healed, but life for one survivor has never been the same.
Israel's military culture helps make its economy the start-up capital of the world.
And, India's tired of losing. Listen to its plan for dominating the world of international sports.
Listen to Part One
Listen to Part Two
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- Tue., 26 – July 28 & 31: from Kwa Dabekaa, South Africa - Vancouver - Haiti - Zimbabwe - Kolkata, India - New York
- Thu., 21 – July 21 & 24: from Yunnan province, China - Haiti - South Africa - Uljanovsk, Russia - Palermo, Italy
- Thu., 7 – July 7 & 10: from Cape Town, South Africa - Kabul, Afghanistan - Democratic Republic of Congo - Mogadishu, Somalia - Germany
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Thu., 17 – Beijing...ice swimming and loving it
- Thu., 17 – Kabul... Ormiston on Afghanistanization
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – China rolls back reforms
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC in Portugal How Europe's heroin capital solved its overdose crisis
- A decade ago, Portugal had a heroin problem. It decided to deal with it by decriminalizing drug use and focusing on harm reduction and treatment. A CBC News special report looks at what lessons the country’s experiment holds for Canada’s own opioid crisis.
- Trump signals Mexico wall funding may wait several months for more pressing concerns video
- U.S. President Donald Trump indicated an openness on Monday to delaying his push to secure funds for his promised border wall with Mexico, potentially eliminating a sticking point as lawmakers worked to avoid a looming shutdown of the federal government.
- Taliban kills 8 policemen in northern Afghanistan
- An Afghan official says the Taliban overran three security checkpoints and killed eight policemen in northern Takhar province.
- UN, World Food Programme put out urgent appeal for Yemen humanitarian aid
- The United Nations secretary-general and high-ranking government officials from dozens of countries were meeting Tuesday in Geneva to drum up funds for war-torn Yemen, considered one of the world's greatest humanitarian crises.
- Live Ivanka Trump at the W20 Summit LIVE video
- White House adviser is in Berlin at the invitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She takes part in a panel on women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship