Americas: April 2012 Archives
Wednesday April 18, 2012
From our correspondents around the world...
Selioua Muhammad, 25, sits inside her rooftop shelter in Sheik Othman, Yemen. Muhammad fled her home in June 2011 and has lived at this school since then. (Photo: Lindsay Mackenzie)
The new entrepreneurial Cuba. Forget what you thought it was. The Fixer's gonna show you what it is.
Then, the school everyone goes to but no one attends. Children of the Bombardment learn hard lessons in Yemen.
Plus, the View from Peru, of an extraordinary Easter re-enactment.
And, in times of war, this much is true. Everybody lies. That said, we consider the source of reporting from Syria.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Read more »
Categories: Americas, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday April 4, 2012
April 5 and April 8, 2012 - from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Kiev, Ukraine - Prato, Italy - Ganta, Liberia - Tel Aviv, Israel
From our correspondents around the world...
Haiti's President Michel Martelly (c) leaving a news conference in March, held to dispel rumours that he holds dual US-Haitian nationality. (Photo REUTERS/Swoan Parker)
Greeks and Turks make nice. Together! A cautious change in a troubled relationship.
And from the vaults, a story of Italian factories powered by Chinese labour. Business turns a profit, but both cultures take a loss.
Then, something few in Israel want to talk about. How the state uses, and abuses, its Arab informers.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Africa, Americas, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- May 2012
- Wed., 30 – May 31 & June 3: from Kabul, Afghanistan - Lima, Peru - Florence, Italy - Hong Kong - Mumbai, India
- Thu., 10 – May 10 & 13, 2012: from Damascus, Syria - Munich, Germany - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Alabama - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Wed., 2 – May 3 & 6, 2012: from China - Toulouse, France - India - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Amsterdam
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Thu., 31 – Grand Forks, ND: misinformation on the menu
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Fri., 11 – Plaza del Mayo... marching, remembering
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – Havana...sticking like crazy glue here
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Climate change threatens World Heritage sites, report says
- Dozens of iconic tourist destinations like Venice, Stonehenge and Old Town Lunenburg, N.S., are threatened by risks linked to climate change, from rising sea levels to extreme weather, says the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- New NASA hits snag while inflating new room at space station
- NASA hit a snag while releasing air into an experimental inflatable room at the International Space Station on Thursday and put everything on hold for at least a day.
- New Ambassador Kevin Vickers, former House sergeant-at-arms, tackles protester in Dublin
- Canada's ambassador to Ireland, and the onetime sergeant-at-arms who shot Ottawa gunman Michael Zehaf-Bibeau after he stormed Parliament Hill in 2014, tackled a protester at a ceremony in Dublin this morning.
- CBC IN JAPAN Canada expects 'strong' G7 statement against paying hostage ransoms video audio
- The G7 is poised to take a strong stand against the practice of governments paying ransoms for hostages kidnapped by groups with links to terrorism, one of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's top priorities at this summit of world leaders.
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders eye debate ahead of California primary
- An unconventional debate between a billionaire Republican and a Democratic socialist is shaping up in California after U.S. presidential candidates Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders expressed an interest in squaring off against each other.