War brides return to Britain on QM2
British Consul-General Sir Alan Collins meets with Second World War British war brides and families travelling to the UK aboard Cunard's Queen Mary 2,
65 years after almost 50,000 British war brides came to Canada -- some are going back on a Queen Mary 2 cruise that lands this week.
CBC's David Common saw them off from New York -- and heard their memories of the trip over, on the original Queen Mary.
Categories: Americas, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN MEXICO Central American corridor a dangerous route for migrants heading to Canada video
- With European borders tightening and increased anti-immigration anxiety in the United States, a rising number of migrants from as far away as Africa and Asia are turning to the Central American migrant corridor in the hopes of reaching a new promised land: Canada. CBC spoke with several of them this week in Mexico.
- Major discovery on planets 'beyond our solar system' coming from NASA
- NASA scientists will hold a news conference later this afternoon, when they say they'll reveal a significant finding "beyond our solar system."
- Trump set to revoke transgender washroom guidelines
- The Trump administration will revoke federal guidelines that tell public schools to let transgender students use bathrooms and locker-rooms matching their chosen gender identity, the White House said Wednesday.
- Republican members of Congress hear from angry constituents at town halls video
- Republican Representative David Brat, who rode voter anger to a historic political upset nearly three years ago, was on the receiving end of constituent angst about the Trump administration as he held a town hall in Virginia.
- Thousands flee as floods inundate San Jose
- Rising floodwaters send at least 14,000 residents fleeing inundated homes in San Jose, Calif., and force the shutdown of a major freeway.