War brides return to Britain on QM2
British Consul-General Sir Alan Collins meets with Second World War British war brides and families travelling to the UK aboard Cunard's Queen Mary 2,
65 years after almost 50,000 British war brides came to Canada -- some are going back on a Queen Mary 2 cruise that lands this week.
CBC's David Common saw them off from New York -- and heard their memories of the trip over, on the original Queen Mary.
Categories: Americas, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN MANILA 'Democracy as we know it is dead': Filipino journalists fight fake news video
- The bogus stories that pollute the internet in the Philippines are startling in their venom, frequency and sometimes clumsy attempts to look real, writes Adrienne Arsenault.
- Russian navy vessel sinks after collision off Turkey
- A Russian navy ship sinks after colliding with a Togo-flagged vessel off the Turkish coast.
- New U.K. anti-terror police detain man with knives near Parliament
- Armed police carrying out a counterterrorism operation Thursday swooped in on a man they said was carrying knives in a bag near Britain's Parliament and arrested him on suspicion of planning an attack.
- Analysis 'America Last': A dangerous reaction to Trump's trade bullying: Don Pittis
- The U.S. president's irrational tirades against Canadian lumber, dairy and energy seem part of a strategy to alienate U.S. trade allies. If so, there are signs it is working.
- Analysis Maria Sharapova: Controversy sells — fairness does not
- As Maria Sharapova returns to tennis after serving a 15-month doping ban for taking meldonium, the world is reminded that all is not fair in sport and sometimes, cheaters will prosper.