War brides return to Britain on QM2
British Consul-General Sir Alan Collins meets with Second World War British war brides and families travelling to the UK aboard Cunard's Queen Mary 2,
65 years after almost 50,000 British war brides came to Canada -- some are going back on a Queen Mary 2 cruise that lands this week.
CBC's David Common saw them off from New York -- and heard their memories of the trip over, on the original Queen Mary.
Categories: Americas, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Dylann Roof confession video played in court: 'I killed them'
- Dylann Roof hesitated for only moments before confessing to killing nine black people at a Charleston, S.C., church as an FBI agent questioned him less than 24 hours after the shooting.
- Updated Obama orders 'deep dive review' of 'malicious' election campaign hacking
- U.S. President Barack Obama has ordered intelligence officials to conduct a broad review on the election-season hacking that rattled the presidential campaign and raised new concerns about foreign meddling in U.S. elections.
- Donald Trump's choice of generals for top posts 'extremely unusual'
- The procession of former military officers nominated for top jobs in Donald Trump’s administration is raising concerns over whether the appointments could defy an American constitutional tenet: civilian oversight of government.
- U.S. regulators mull allowing in-flight phone calls via plane's Wi-Fi
- Airlines could let passengers make in-flight phone calls using Wi-Fi under a proposal from federal regulators.
- Zika outbreak: Florida lifts infection zone in Miami Beach
- All areas in Florida cleared of active Zika transmission, governor declares