Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
That Song: Tom Ross, Middleton, Nova Scotia
"beneath the pain/fear, etched on the faces
something is shining like gold, but better"
Categories: Americas, The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Almost 100 children killed in Aleppo since Friday, UNICEF says
- UNICEF says almost 100 children have been killed, and 223 have been injured amid intense fighting that has gripped the Syrian city of Aleppo since Friday.
- In California's farm belt, 'pesticide drift' has residents worried about their health
- In California's farm belt, "pesticide drift" means danger is in the wind. Residents want new laws to protect half a million children who go to school near fields sprayed with pesticides
- Analysis #TrumpWon the debate? Legitimate polls show otherwise
- Donald Trump has claimed victory in Monday's presidential debate with Hillary Clinton, using online "polls" as his evidence. The only problem is those polls are bunk, and the legitimate polls show Clinton won comfortably.
- New Pepe the Frog joins swastika and Klan hood in Anti-Defamation League's hate symbol database
- A popular internet meme has joined the ranks of the swastika and the burning cross in the Anti-Defamation League's hate symbol database. But how did a cartoon frog with humble origins as a lovable indie comic book character become an emblem of white supremacy?
- Turkey's bid to make Twitter block reporter part of growing digital censorship trend, advocates say
- Turkey's attempt to have Twitter block journalist Mahir Zeynalov is the latest example in a disturbing trend of governments getting social media companies to censor their critics, digital rights groups say.