Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
That Song: Tom Ross, Middleton, Nova Scotia
"beneath the pain/fear, etched on the faces
something is shining like gold, but better"
Categories: Americas, The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Analysis Why the spy trade is such a booming industry: Brian Stewart
- The alleged Russian plot that targeted the U.S. presidential election has raised concerns we’re headed for Cold War levels of spying, but there’s actually plenty of evidence the world soared past that point years ago.
- Trump pulls U.S. out of TPP, will renegotiate NAFTA 'at the appropriate time' video
- The new U.S. president made good on one of his campaign promises Monday, formally withdrawing the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership free-trade deal, and signalling his intention to renegotiate NAFTA 'at the appropriate time.'
- New Dutch PM, trailing anti-immigration lawmaker in polls, says integrate or leave
- Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte sought to lure voters away from anti-immigration lawmaker Geert Wilders, as campaigning for the March 15 national elections heated up on Monday.
- Day 1 of Syrian peace talks have rocky start, but show progress from earlier meetings
- Talks between the Syrian government and representatives of rebel factions got off to a rocky start Monday after their first face-to-face meeting in Kazakhstan marked a major shift in the war's dynamics and confirmed Russia's role as regional heavyweight.
- Opinion Let us hope for a Donald Trump disaster
- If Trump’s success transfers from politics to governing, his dark and guttural ways will become entrenched and ubiquitous.