Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
That Song: Tom Ross, Middleton, Nova Scotia
"beneath the pain/fear, etched on the faces
something is shining like gold, but better"
Categories: Americas, The View from Here, Your Dispatches
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Afghan legislators block law protecting women
- An Afghan legislator says conservative lawmakers have blocked approval of a law that aims to protect women's freedoms, saying parts of it violate Islamic principles.
- French president signs gay marriage into law
- French President François Hollande has signed a law authorizing gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples.
- updated Commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Two commuter trains serving New York City collided in Connecticut during Friday's evening rush hour, sending 60 people to the hospital, including five with critical injuries, Gov. Dannel Malloy said.
- new North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles, South Korea says
- A South Korea official says North Korea has launched three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters.
- new Saudi woman among 64 climbers to scale Mount Everest
- Mountaineering officials say 64 climbers, including a Saudi Arabian woman, have successfully scaled Mount Everest from Nepal's side of the mountain.