Americas: April 2010 Archives
Thursday April 29, 2010
Is Britain letting in every Tom, Dick and Harry? Immigration grates on the British voting public this election season.
France takes the cake. An insight into why the French view pastry as culture, and how its chefs become Kings.
A Palestinian preparing for peace. We profile the prime minister and his lonely promise of a Third Way.
So why is the new American hardline on Israel a challenge to Canada too? And, a correspondent yearns for a new Haiti, and hopes the earthquake has buried the old one.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Europe, Past Episodes
Thursday April 8, 2010
Everything's coming up nukes! Amid a flurry of global negotiations, we ask where the real progress will be made.
Make-believe in the Mojave. The California desert stands in for Afghanistan, as young Canadian soldiers and journalists learn hard truths about each other.
The soft hands and clay feet of Tiger Woods. Our correspondent observes the return of an incomplete athlete.
Darfur. It's everybody's favorite war, according to the author of a new book that says the celebrity campaign to end it only makes things worse.
All that, and our look back at Ghadaffi's lock on Libya, and the Great Game underway in Cambodia.
Listen to part 1
Listen to part 2
Click here to listen to the individual Dispatches.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Asia, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Thu., 31 – Grand Forks, ND: misinformation on the menu
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Fri., 11 – Plaza del Mayo... marching, remembering
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – Havana...sticking like crazy glue here
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Why it's time to reform the EU, with or without Britain
- Will the real European Union please stand up? For that matter will the real Great Britain please stand up? Because last week's talk of an “Independence Day” was a bit confusing.
- Great Lakes water ruling sparks fear of thirsty cities video
- The recent decision by eight U.S. governors to grant a small Wisconsin town access to the Great Lakes water basin has sparked concerns about the precedent this may set for other thirsty towns and cities.
- Analysis Desperately seeking alternatives to Brexit financial mess: Don Pittis
- On Friday the Brexit vote to leave Europe seemed like the end. But suddenly, as the British union threatens rip itself apart and a rudderless Britain is seeking an alternative. Don Pittis examines the failure of the referendum process and how the United Kingdom is struggling to search out a second chance.
- Coral scientists urge Australia to conserve reefs, curb CO2 emissions
- As the largest international gathering of coral reef experts comes to a close, scientists have sent a letter to Australian officials calling for action to save the world's reefs, which are being rapidly damaged.
- Ongoing war in Ukraine turns 1.7 million people into refugees
- The war between Ukraine and Russian-backed rebels, along with Russia's annexation of Crimea, has forced more than 1.7 million people from their homes to other parts of Ukraine.