Americas: April 2010 Archives
Thursday April 29, 2010
Is Britain letting in every Tom, Dick and Harry? Immigration grates on the British voting public this election season.
France takes the cake. An insight into why the French view pastry as culture, and how its chefs become Kings.
A Palestinian preparing for peace. We profile the prime minister and his lonely promise of a Third Way.
So why is the new American hardline on Israel a challenge to Canada too? And, a correspondent yearns for a new Haiti, and hopes the earthquake has buried the old one.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Europe, Past Episodes
Thursday April 8, 2010
Everything's coming up nukes! Amid a flurry of global negotiations, we ask where the real progress will be made.
Make-believe in the Mojave. The California desert stands in for Afghanistan, as young Canadian soldiers and journalists learn hard truths about each other.
The soft hands and clay feet of Tiger Woods. Our correspondent observes the return of an incomplete athlete.
Darfur. It's everybody's favorite war, according to the author of a new book that says the celebrity campaign to end it only makes things worse.
All that, and our look back at Ghadaffi's lock on Libya, and the Great Game underway in Cambodia.
Listen to part 1
Listen to part 2
Click here to listen to the individual Dispatches.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Asia, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Thu., 31 – Grand Forks, ND: misinformation on the menu
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Fri., 11 – Plaza del Mayo... marching, remembering
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – Havana...sticking like crazy glue here
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 'We will turn on him so quick': Rust Belt voters who put faith in Trump expect results video
- Donald Trump won the U.S. election by breaking down Hillary Clinton's "blue wall," the handful of Rust Belt states that were considered reliably Democratic but switched over to the Republicans. But as CBC News discovered on a recent trip to Pennsylvania, that support depends heavily on Trump keeping his promise to create jobs.
- Breaking Nigeria mistakenly bombs camp, kills more than 100
- A Nigerian state official says an air force fighter jet on a mission against Boko Haram extremists has mistakenly bombed a refugee camp, killing more than 100 refugees and wounding aid workers.
- Theresa May seeks strong EU ties, clean break, in Brexit deal video
- Prime Minister Teresa May promises a parliamentary vote on Britain's final deal to leave the European Union and stresses it would seek to remain a key European partner as she sets out her priorities for divorce talks.
- Analysis Facing Trump-Putin axis, Ukraine turns to a white knight — Chrystia Freeland
- Can Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister and firm Putin critic Chrystia Freeland offer hope to isolated, war-burdened Ukraine? It's a long shot, Don Murray suggests, given the priorities of protecting Canada's trade interests.
- Analysis Obama the citizen: What's next for the outgoing president video
- Barack Obama will have a new address in the district not far from his current White House digs. He'll also have new opportunities to shave some strokes off his golf score and a new role returning to his community organizing roots.