Americas: March 2010 Archives
Thursday March 4, 2010
March 4 & 7: from Las Cruces, New Mexico - San Remo, Italy - Cardamom Mountains, Cambodia - Seoul - Falkland Islands
Criminalizing immigrants. Some Americans call it "crimmigration." And if that didn't kill Jesus Galindo, what did?
In Italy, old regional dialects are getting new respect, especially if you sing them.
The Brits and Argentina are at it again. And Falkland Islanders are in no mood. We take the temperature of the South Atlantic.
In Cambodia, they went looking for tigers. They found human bones. Whose remains are in the lost jars of the jungle?
A tale of two Koreas. Defectors struggle to get out of the North, only to struggle to fit into the South.
And, you sensitive Canadians! Your letters about those bully Brits who bashed our Olympics.
Listen to part 1
Listen to part 2
Click here to listen to the individual DispatchesRead more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Thu., 31 – Grand Forks, ND: misinformation on the menu
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Fri., 11 – Plaza del Mayo... marching, remembering
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – Havana...sticking like crazy glue here
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Wed., 20 – Haiti...Rumours Of Glory here
- Fri., 15 – Falkland Islands...music of the long march
- Fri., 15 – When in Cuba, eat as the Cubans eat
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 'Yes to peace': Colombia, FARC rebels reach historic deal to end 5-decade war
- Colombia's government and its biggest rebel group announced a deal Wednesday evening for ending their country's half-century guerrilla war, one of the world's longest-running armed conflicts. The accord must still be ratified by voters in a plebiscite in order to take effect.
- CBC IN ITALY Rescue workers try to keep the faith as night falls in quake-ravaged Amatrice video
- CBC's Margaret Evans reports from Amatrice in central Italy, one of several towns devastated by Wednesday's earthquake.
- Syria, ISIS engaged in toxic gas attacks, UN investigation finds
- Syrian government troops were responsible for two toxic gas attacks and Islamic State militants used sulfur mustard gas, a joint investigation by the United Nations and the global chemical weapons watchdog found on Wednesday, according to a confidential report seen by Reuters.
- Analysis Biden assurance may ease tensions with Turkey — to a point
- U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden visited the Turkish capital Wednesday to "stand shoulder to shoulder" with Turkey. It was the highest-level visit of a Western official since the failed attempt to overthrow the government on July 15.
- 'It's a madhouse': 2 tornadoes wreak havoc in central Indiana
- At least two tornadoes struck cities in central Indiana on Wednesday, cutting off power to thousands of people, damaging homes and toppling a Starbucks.