December 15 & 18: from Rio de Janeiro - Democratic Republic of Congo - Mexico City - Russia - Delhi
A view of the construction underway at the fabled Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. Locals are upset that the stadium is being "upgraded" for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics, saying it is losing its character and becoming more elitist.
In a stadium in Brazil reside the memories of a nation. But in trying to make it better are they about to make it worse?
Congo elects a new president. Or is it two? That's not supposed to happen.
Inside a Mafia State. Russia's efforts to intimidate journalists, one break-in at a time.
And, a swing through a city on a swamp. Never mind New Orleans. Mexico City's sinkin', man.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Supporters of Congolese president Joseph Kabila take to the streets in celebration in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo, Friday Dec. 9, 2011, after the electoral commission declared their candidate the winner. (AP Photo/Jerome Delay)
Jason Steans (Photo/Carolyn Dunn)
A Domino's Pizza outlet stands next to Tikka Town at the DLF Mall food court in Delhi. (Photo/Faiz Jamil)
A protester wearing a mask of Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, attends a sanctioned rally in Moscow to protest against the results of the December 10 parliamentary elections in Russia. (Photo: REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin)
The wrath of Putin's Mafia StateJournalist Luke Harding went back to his Moscow apartment one day and found the phone off the hook.
A view of Sara Gomez' apartment building (Left) in Mexico City. Inside, every wall seems slanted, the floors uneven. It's a victim of the widespread sinking of the city, due to the unstable earth below. (Photo/Myles Estey)
Categories: Africa, Americas, Europe, Past Episodes
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Evidence Russian missile shot down Flight MH17 unlikely to bring closure to victims' families video
- Evidence released Wednesday showing Malaysian Air Flight MH17 was brought down by a Russian missile answers some questions for the Toronto-area family of a passenger on the flight, but they don’t expect it to bring any resolution.
- Refugee standing in 'shooting stance' killed by California officer video
- The fatal police shooting of a Ugandan refugee who drew something from his pocket and extended his hands in a "shooting stance" happened about a minute after officers in a San Diego suburb arrived at the scene where a mentally unstable man was reportedly walking in traffic.
- New Men on video near NYC bomb scene believed to be Egyptian tourists
- Investigators probing bomb blasts in New Jersey and New York believe they've identified two men who walked off with a bag abandoned by the bomber on a street as Egyptian tourists.
- Pepe the Frog joins swastika and Klan hood in Anti-Defamation League's hate symbol database
- A popular internet meme has joined the ranks of the swastika and the burning cross in the Anti-Defamation League's hate symbol database. But how did a cartoon frog with humble origins as a lovable indie comic book character become an emblem of white supremacy?
- 15 rescued from landslide caused by Typhoon Megi, but others missings
- Rescuers have pulled 15 people alive from a landslide that slammed into a village in China's eastern Zhejiang province after a typhoon but 32 people are still missing there and in another nearby village, state media said on Thursday.