The road from Damascus -- to Libya
Demonstrators protesting against Syria's President Bashar al-Assad march through the streets in Homs, Syria on December 6, 2011. The protests are being watched avidly by Syrian refugees in Libya, who still worry about relatives back in Homs (photo/Reuters)
And read reaction to Sinterklaas and his blackfaced helper in Your Dispatches
Categories: Africa, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis American conservatives take aim at the 'war on Christmas'
- A Fox News rant that Santa Claus is white and "so was Jesus" is rekindling America's culture wars, and doesn't reflect today's realities about either Christmas or a changing U.S., Neil Macdonald writes.
- New Obama's Sochi Olympics delegation includes 2 gay athletes
- President Barack Obama has picked two openly gay athletes to be part of the U.S. delegation at the Sochi Games, a move widely seen as a rebuke of Russia's anti-gay laws, and he'll be skipping the event.
- Treatment of migrants on Lampedusa may see EU action agaist Italy video
- The European Union is threatening Italy with legal action as video reveals the hosing down naked of African migrants at a Lampedusa detention centred believed to have scabies.
- Woman in China 1st to die from new bird flu strain, WHO finds
- A woman in China has died of the H10N8 strain of bird flu, the first ever reported human case of the virus, the World Health Organization says.
- Ukraine leaders praise $15B backing from Russia video
- Ukraine's political leaders praise a Russia-financed bailout as a guarantee of financial stability, while opposition activists say the deal is likely to worsen economic troubles as the country's dependence on Moscow increases.