The road from Damascus -- to Libya
Demonstrators protesting against Syria's President Bashar al-Assad march through the streets in Homs, Syria on December 6, 2011. The protests are being watched avidly by Syrian refugees in Libya, who still worry about relatives back in Homs (photo/Reuters)
And read reaction to Sinterklaas and his blackfaced helper in Your Dispatches
Categories: Africa, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN ITALY As aftershock hits, residents vow to remain hopeful 'right to the end' video
- A magnitude 4.3 aftershock in Amatrice Thursday sent frightened people running for open ground and prompted panicked residents to yell angrily at anyone standing close to a building that didn't look stable, the CBC's Margaret Evans reports.
- Analysis 'The battle of ideas begins': Why the deal to end Colombia's 5-decade war is no guarantee of easy peace
- As much as the deal to end Colombia's five-decade war has been cheered in the South American country, the accord is also extremely controversial because the FARC rebel group is so widely despised, John Otis writes from Bogota.
- Canadian among the dead in Italy's earthquake
- A Canadian citizen is among the dead in the devastating earthquake in Italy that killed at least 250 people yesterday, Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion says.
- Clinton, Trump spar over who is best for black and Latino voters
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump clashed on Thursday over who would make a better U.S. president for minority voters, accusing each other of posing a threat to the interests of black and Latino people.
- Breaking Belgian media report explosion at Chimay sports centre
- A Belgian newspaper is reporting that an explosion has rocked a sports centre in the Belgian town of Chimay, with reports of at least one person dead and two injured.