The road from Damascus -- to Libya
Demonstrators protesting against Syria's President Bashar al-Assad march through the streets in Homs, Syria on December 6, 2011. The protests are being watched avidly by Syrian refugees in Libya, who still worry about relatives back in Homs (photo/Reuters)
And read reaction to Sinterklaas and his blackfaced helper in Your Dispatches
Categories: Africa, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- California firefighters battle fast-spreading blaze near Los Angeles
- A wildfire that destroyed 18 homes has surged back to unpredictable life, darkening the skies north of Los Angeles with black smoke and driving thousands from their homes.
- CBC IN PHILADELPHIA Sanders voters feel vindicated by leaked emails showing 'rigged' system video
- Democrats arrived in Philadelphia for their convention amid drama that Bernie Sanders supporters say adds fuel to their fire. Leaked emails that were hacked from the DNC prove party officials favoured Hillary Clinton, they say.
- 7 Russian swimmers banned from Rio Olympics
- Swimming governing body FINA has ruled seven Russian swimmers ineligible to compete at the Olympics, including three it says were linked to recent allegations of a major doping coverup by Russian authorities.
- Photos China's robot revolution rapidly replacing human workers
- A sink factory in China's Guangdong province has so far replaced 256 workers with nine robots, a sign of a fundamental shift in labour from human to machine, with robots replacing human workers throughout China's industrial heartland.
- New Zealand aims to wipe out predators by 2050
- New Zealand has unveiled a plan kill off every last rat, possum and stoat in the country in order to save kiwis and other birds threatened by the egg-eating predators.