The road from Damascus -- to Libya
Demonstrators protesting against Syria's President Bashar al-Assad march through the streets in Homs, Syria on December 6, 2011. The protests are being watched avidly by Syrian refugees in Libya, who still worry about relatives back in Homs (photo/Reuters)
And read reaction to Sinterklaas and his blackfaced helper in Your Dispatches
Categories: Africa, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Climate protesters plan human chain in Paris on global day of action video
- Paris will be at the heart of worldwide protests Sunday, on the eve of a UN climate summit there, as more than 2,000 climate events are planned in cities around the world, including in Canada.
- What ISIS songs reveal about the group's evolution audio
- Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi, fellow at the Middle Eastern Forum, explains the significance of ISIS jihadi songs and talks about how they reflect the group's evolution.
- Syria's 'academic refugees' find safe haven on U.S. campuses — for now
- A special program offering scholarships at U.S. colleges and universities to promising students from war-riven Syria is providing solace to some. But what happens when the studies end?
- Justin Trudeau pays tribute to the victims of Paris attacks video
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is in Paris, where he laid flowers at a memorial outside the Bataclan concert hall to pay tribute to victims of the Nov. 13 Paris attacks.
- Top Kurdish lawyer Tahir Elci shot dead in southeast Turkey video
- A prominent Kurdish lawyer and rights activist was shot in the head and killed in a street shootout on Saturday, an incident likely to fuel further unrest in Turkey's mostly Kurdish southeast.