Rick and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Liberian president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who won this year's Nobel Peace Prize along with Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkul Karman, spoke with Rick while making Dispatches's The Paradox Of Democracy. That program won the Amnesty Int. Canada broadcast media award in 2007.
The Dispatches View From Here blog
Categories: Africa, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Trump lays out plans for 1st 100 days, vows to sue 'every one' of his female accusers video
- Donald Trump has announced what actions he'll take in his first 100 days in office, should he become the next U.S. president.
- Hackers used 'internet of things' devices to cause Friday's massive DDoS cyberattack
- Could millions of connected cameras, thermostats and kids' toys bring the internet to its knees? It's beginning to look that way. The hacker group claiming responsibility for Friday's attacks says it has its sights set on a much bigger target.
- What the WikiLeaks emails show, and why they haven't sunk Clinton
- WikiLeaks has brought shades of Cold War subterfuge to the U.S. presidential campaign, publishing documents that in any other election might have tarnished Hillary Clinton. Here’s a sprinkling of what the emails contain.
- AT&T set to announce purchase of Time Warner for $85B US
- AT&T Inc. is set to announce as early as Saturday an $85 billion US deal to buy Time Warner Inc, sources familiar with the matter said, giving the telecom company control of cable TV channels HBO and CNN, film studio Warner Bros. and other coveted media assets.
- CBC IN BEIJING Prayers in the kitchen: Why religious groups fear a loss of freedom in China
- China may officially be a secular state, but a new law that cites national security as an overriding priority is worrying Christian and other religious groups who fear they may become targets for the government, the CBC’s Saša Petricic writes from Beijing.