Rick and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
Liberian president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who won this year's Nobel Peace Prize along with Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkul Karman, spoke with Rick while making Dispatches's The Paradox Of Democracy. That program won the Amnesty Int. Canada broadcast media award in 2007.
The Dispatches View From Here blog
Categories: Africa, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Philippines says Trump invited Duterte to White House
- U.S. President Donald Trump has called Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte and expressed his interest in developing "a warm working relationship," according to a Filipino official.
- Venezuela vegetable brigades battle predicted 1,000% rise in food prices
- To combat Venezuela's massive food crisis, members of collectives pool their money and buy in bulk directly from farmers.
- Indivisible: The new left-wing movement modelled on the right
- The Indivisible movement is working at the local level to disrupt the White House by taking a page from the Tea Party playbook.
- On Day 100, Trump slams 'fake news' media at Pennsylvania rally video
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a scathing attack on the national news media at a Pennsylvania rally he organized for the same evening the White House Correspondents' Association hosts its annual dinner.
- 'Explosive device blast' kills U.S. service member in Mosul video
- A U.S. service member in Iraq was killed Saturday by an explosive device outside Mosul, according to a statement released by the Pentagon.