2010 Season: April 2012 Archives
Wednesday April 11, 2012
From our correspondents around the world...
A man points to the place where a bomb exploded. The target was a UN convoy in Benghazi, Libya. The attack reinforces concerns about instability in Libya, since the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi. (Photo: REUTERS/Esam Al-Fetori)
If a neighbour killed your kin and went unpunished, you'd have an idea what it's like in Liberia, where victims of war crimes live in peace without justice.
And from the archives, we strut with The Society of Revellers and Elegant People. Of course they're French. French-African.
Then, as cholera makes a comback in Haiti, a Canadian author tells why it's poised to become the quintessential disease of our time.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- May 2012
- April 2012
- August 2011
- July 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Syria’s civil war spawns deadly barrel bombs, other DIY weapons
- Crude barrel bombs killed scores of people in the Syrian city of Aleppo earlier this week, a string of devastating attacks that show the Syrian military is using increasingly deadly homemade weapons in the civil war, experts say.
- Canadians in South Sudan urged to leave amid violence video
- The federal government is advising Canadians in South Sudan to leave immediately amid violence that has killed hundreds of people.
- Lockerbie bombing memorials held in U.S., Scotland, London video audio
- Bagpipes played and wreaths were laid in Scotland's town of Lockerbie Saturday, as the families of those who died in the deadly airliner bombing over the town 25 years ago gathered to remember the victims.
- Teen Claire Davis dies in hospital after Denver school shooting
- A suburban Denver high school student who was shot in the head by a classmate died Saturday afternoon, hospital officials said in a statement.
- Chinese billionaire feared dead after helicopter crash in France
- A Chinese hotel magnate and a French wine entrepreneur were feared dead with two others on Saturday after their helicopter crashed hours after they had agreed the sale of a luxury Bordeaux chateau, police said.