2010 Season: July 2011 Archives
Thursday July 14, 2011
Cataphile "Riff" heads underground in the Paris catacombs (photo/Don Duncan)
The misplaced love of Marvin Pinto. A story of obsession with the culture of the cockfight
Stove Camp; the "hippie Manhattan Project" hoping to save millions of lives through cleaner cooking.
As China goes, so goes the world, according to an author who says Chinese consumers are transforming...everything.
And, conflict in the catacombs. Hard-core crypt crawlers, take exception to the teen tomb tourists partying in their playground under Paris.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Past Episodes
- August 2011
- July 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were strong signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington on Saturday topped those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Defeated Gambian leader Yahya Jammeh made off with government money, luxury cars
- Exiled Gambian ruler Yahya Jammeh stole millions of dollars in his final weeks in power, plundering the state coffers and shipping out luxury vehicles by cargo plane, a special adviser for the new president said Sunday.
- Updated Trump vows federal help as storms, tornadoes rip through southeastern U.S., killing 18
- A dangerous weekend weather system has killed at least 18 people in the U.S. South. U.S. President Donald Trump has pledged federal assistance for the affected areas, and Georgia has declared a state of emergency.
- A softer side of government: How Larry the cat became a purr-fect political companion on Downing Street video
- Larry the rescue cat lives at 10 Downing Street, and although he doesn’t do much in the way of policy, he has become the furry face of a more relatable U.K. government.
- Netanyahu to meet with Trump before calling vote on West Bank annexation
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delayed a vote Sunday on an explosive proposal to annex one of the West Bank's largest settlements, apparently to co-ordinate his policy toward the Palestinians with the new administration of U.S. President Donald Trump.