host picture

Bookmark and Share

Elko family loses dog in Drano poisoning

(Courtesy Karey Pion)

An Elko woman is mourning the loss of her dog who she believes was intentionally poisoned.

Karey Pion's dog Oscar had to be put down because of severe internal chemical burns after he bit into a package of Drano that had been wrapped in a steak that someone put on the family's driveway.

Oscar was poisoned about a month ago and Pion had to put him down over the Family Day long weekend.

Download Flash Player to view this content.

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.

Submission Policy

Note: The CBC does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comments, you acknowledge that CBC has the right to reproduce, broadcast and publicize those comments or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever. Please note that comments are moderated and published according to our submission guidelines.