The Playlist: January 2013 Archives
Tuesday January 22, 2013
It's time to start sweating off that winter weight. Daybreak aims to recharge your workout with our definitive workout playlist. With the help of CBC music, the Daybreak team and our listeners... we are helping refresh your gym playlist!!! Track #1: Tegan and Sarah "Feel it in my Bones" remix by DJ Tiesto Track #2: Yukon Blonde, "My Girl" Track #3: Hey Ocean, "Big Blue Wave" Track #4: "Caught in Between" by Mip Power Trio Track #5: Bruce Cockburn with "Listen for the Laugh" Track #6: Rural Alberta Advantage with "Stamp"
Thursday January 10, 2013
To start off 2013, we decided to look back at our favourite Canadian tunes of 2012. Here's what we came up with.
- Twin sisters Tegan and Sara are back with "Closer"
- News editor Wil Fundal's favourite the inescapable "Call Me Maybe" from Carly Rae Jepsen- not only is it catchy, but Wil worked on the same season of Canadian Idol that Jepsen was discovered
- Associate producer Andrew Kurjata had "This Is A Not A Song" by Islands on repeat
- Listener Paul Wodchyc nominates "Aida" by Jenn Grant
- Host Leisha Grebinski's pick is Vancouver's Hey Ocean! and "Make A New Dance Up"
- A listener request from Vanderhoof: Classified featuring David Myles and "Inner Ninja"
- Associate Producer George Baker went with one of CBC Music's top songs of the year- and his favourite- the group Elliott Brood and "Hold You"
- November 2013
- Fri., 8 – Playlist: It takes two
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Thu., 11 – The Playlist: True Patriot Love
- June 2013
- Wed., 12 – Grad songs
- May 2013
- April 2013
- Fri., 19 – Latino-Canadian Playlist
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- Mon., 3 – The Playlist: Canadian Christmas
- November 2012
- Tue., 20 – The Playlist: Track one, side one
- September 2012
- Fri., 28 – The Playlist: Cover Songs
- August 2012
- Fri., 24 – The Playlist: High School Songs
- July 2012
- Fri., 20 – The Ultimate Canadian Hip-Hop Playlist
- June 2012
|CBC Radio One 91.5 FM Prince George||Weekdays 6:10 to 8:37 a.m.|
|CBC Radio One 91.5 FM Prince Rupert||Weekdays 6:10 to 8:37 a.m.|
|Listen live||CBC Radio One 91.5 FM Prince George & 860 AM Prince Rupert|
|Listen live||CBC Radio Two 90.3 FM Prince George|