Neglected fire inspection at destroyed Burns Lake mill blamed on jurisdictional confusion
The Babine Forest Products Mill in Burns Lake made national news, when it exploded last January, killing two men.
New findings show that the mill may never have been inspected for adherance to fire safety regulations.
Jim McBride is the fire chief for the Village of Burns Lake volunteer fire department and spoke to Daybreak to clear up confusion about what may be at fault for the neglected inspection.
|CBC Radio One 91.5 FM Prince George||Weekdays 6:10 to 8:37 a.m.|
|CBC Radio One 91.5 FM Prince Rupert||Weekdays 6:10 to 8:37 a.m.|
|Listen live||CBC Radio One 91.5 FM Prince George & 860 AM Prince Rupert|
|Listen live||CBC Radio Two 90.3 FM Prince George|