City: July 2010 Archives
Thursday July 22, 2010
Monique Lacombe is hosting Radio Noon this week.
But she did make time to answer a question from one listener.
Brian McMillan sent an email asking about the de Maisonneuve bike path that runs through the Quartier des Spectacles.
The new bike path is level with the sidewalk.
The only way to tell the difference between the path and the sidewalk is by the colour of the bricks.
Last time we checked out this path, there were no signs to indicate which was which - sidewalk or bike lane. We decided to go back and see if anything's changed.
Tuesday July 20, 2010
It's day two of the lock-out at the Port of Montreal.
Business owners are worried about shipments stuck at the port.
Guiseppe Ruffolo is the owner of Polti-Canada.
He has a container full of chemical-free dry-vapour cleaning machines stuck at the port.
Glen Gilbert is the President of Alpha Logistiques, a freight forwarding and customs brokerage company which manages shipments for 200 clients in Montreal including Polti-Canada. (Canadian Press)
Thursday July 15, 2010
People in Cote-St-Luc are hearing the sound of train horns a lot right now -- way more often than they are used to.
Canadian Pacific Railway is testing whistles on its trains in the Cote St. Luc railyard.
It is part of a national program of whistle security testing.
We spoke to Bernard Tonchin. He is resident of Cote-St-Luc.
We also spoke to CPR spokesperson, Breanne Feigel.
- June 2012
- Thu., 14 – Are people avoiding downtown?
- May 2012
- April 2012
- Mon., 23 – Lining up for Plan Nord jobs
- October 2011
- September 2010
- Wed., 1 – Saint-Lazare gets on the bus
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- Wed., 30 – Man with a van
- Wed., 30 – Big O roof limits major sporting events
- Tue., 29 – Taxi drivers charge extra for sofas
- Tue., 29 – Stiff fines fail to stop skateboarders
- Mon., 28 – School's in early for Pointe-Claire students
- Mon., 28 – A busker's dilemma
- Fri., 25 – Film camp for teens with autism
- Thu., 24 – Do or die for Italy
- Thu., 24 – Mission milestone
- Thu., 24 – Helping Haiti
- Fri., 18 – Habs trade Halak
- Thu., 17 – Doping in college football
- Thu., 17 – Montreal diva takes final bow
- Thu., 17 – Work and the World Cup
- Thu., 17 – Mayor vs Auditor-General
- Tue., 15 – Mother appears in court
- Mon., 14 – Have green thumb will travel (by bike)
- Mon., 14 – Shisha smoking
- Mon., 14 – NDG pothole update
- Fri., 11 – BIXI in NDG
- Thu., 10 – FIFA frenzy
- Thu., 10 – Biometric Building
- Wed., 9 – Ghana rules
- Tue., 8 – Last call for mall?
- Mon., 7 – Growing concerns
- Fri., 4 – Compassion club closed down
- Thu., 3 – Street Whys
- Wed., 2 – Finding a home
- Wed., 2 – Baillergeon Pier
- May 2010
- Fri., 28 – Yves Bolduc
|Radio One||5:30-8:30 a.m.(ET) - 88.5 FM|