As promised, twelve winners of a nifty Day 6 tote bag for correctly guessing all six audio clues in our 100th episode edition of Riffed From The Headlines. Usually, listeners need to match three song clues to a story from the week, but for this edition, we played six clips of stories
that made headlines since Day 6 first started broadcasting. So did you win?
1. Harold Camping's disappointment in inaccurately predicting the end of the world;
2. Ricky Gervais skewering Hollywood at The Golden Globes;
3. Charlie Sheen explaining what makes him, uh, great;
4. Barack Obama poking fun at Donald Trump over the birth certificate "controversy";
5. Justin Trudeau and Patrick Brazeau speaking about their forthcoming boxing match;
6. Temporary internet sensation Rebecca Black with her "hit" song, "Friday".
Here's who won:
Gordon Chow, Duncan BC
Dave Homenuck, Ottawa, ON
Christine Muldoon, Regina, SK
Torri Enderton, Vancouver, BC
Susan Knight, Saskatoon, SK
Debbie Hysop, Killarney, MB
Kathy Jones, Jerseyville, ON
Doug Osmond, Moreton's Harbour, NL
Bruno Andreacchi, London, ON
Doug Wilson, Prince George, BC
Naideen Francis, Kawartha Lakes, ON
Graham Huckin, Coquitlam, BC
Thanks to everyone for listening and playing along. Riffed From The Headlines returns to Day 6 with this coming week's episode.
(Contest open to Canadian residents only).