Enameled Steel Tea Kettle recalled over loose handle
- February 26, 2010 4:21 PM
- By Charlene Sadler
The Copco and Wild Leaf Tea Co. Bristol-model is being recalled because the handle can come loose and pose a burn hazard.
About 600 units were sold across Canada from August 2006 to September 2009, with no reports of injuries.
In the U.S., about 132,000 were sold, and there are eight reports of the handle coming loose. One minor burn to hands has been reported.
However, consumers are advised to stop using the recalled kettles and contact Wilton Industries Canada to receive a refund. Consumers are asked not to return the kettle to the store where it was purchased.
For more information, consumers may contact Wilton Industries Canada at 1-800-387-3300, or visit firm's website.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post