Discovery Kids lamps recalled over electrical hazards
- February 18, 2010 1:28 PM
- By Charlene Sadler
Innovage Canada is recalling its Discovery Kids Animated Marine and Animated Safari lamps because of electrical defects that could result in a fire or burn hazard.
Innovage Ltd. has received nine reports of incidents in the U.S., including seven reports of lamps catching fire, one involving smoke inhalation injury to a child and three involving minor property damage.
Health Canada has received no incident reports.
About 900 units were sold in Canada at Bed, Bath & Beyond from September 2009 to January 2010.
Consumers are advised to stop using the lamps and contact Innovage for information on returning the product for a full refund.
For more information, consumers can visit the Electrical Safety Authority's website to view the notice.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post