Simon & Schuster has recalled plush bullfrog toys because of a choking hazard
- December 17, 2009 12:16 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Simon & Schuster has recalled plush bullfrog toys with attached books because the eyes can detach from the bullfrog and pose a choking hazard.
About 142,000 "Monday the Bullfrog" Plush Bullfrog Toy with Attached Books were sold in the U.S. and 1,200 in Canada.
Simon & Schuster has received three U.S. reports of the plastic eyes detaching and one toy that was packaged with a detached eye, with no reported injuries.
Health Canada has not received any reports of incidents or injuries related to the use of these toys.
Consumers should immediately take the recalled toy away from children and contact Simon & Schuster for information on how to receive a free replacement product.
The China-made products were sold between January 2006 and November 2009.
For more information, see Health Canada's notice at http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=910
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post