Decorative Canada-Themed Glazed Plates recalled
- December 29, 2009 4:08 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Health Canada has issued an advisory concerning the recall of decorative glazed plates with a Canada theme by Glazers Inc.
According to the agency, levels of cadmium and lead in the plates exceed allowable limits.
Health Canada warned consumers on Dec. 18 not to remove the warning label on the base of the plate and to not use the plate to serve food, and urged consumers to dispose of the plate in household garbage.
The recalled plates, which are white, have one of three designs: these include a Canadian flag, a red maple leaf with "Canada" printed across or two Canadian flags with "Canada" written underneath.
Around 4,754 of the plates were sold at Dollar stores and other retail outlets throughout Canada between March 2007 and December 2009.
Young children are particularly vulnerable to lead and it can cause serious adverse health effects. Cadmium, which is highly toxic, can cause stomach pains, vomiting, and diarrhea.
There have been no health problems reported linked to the plates.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post