Coby recalls portable DVD/CD players over fire hazard
- December 17, 2009 11:48 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Coby Electronics Corp. has recalled 3,050 portable DVD/CD/MP3 Players that come with a rechargeable battery because they pose a fire hazard.
The firm has received 10 reports of batteries overheating, including eight reports of fires resulting in property damage, with no reported injuries. The units were sold in Quebec and Ontario between January 2007 and September 2009
Consumers are advised to remove the recalled batteries from the unit and contact Coby Electronics to receive a free replacement battery.
For more information, go to Health Canada's website at http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=907
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post