Toy cookie sets recalled over barium levels
- November 23, 2009 4:32 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Toy cookie baking sets by Melissa & Doug have been recalled because paint contains barium that exceeds allowable limits, said Health Canada.
About 26,290 units of the recalled products were sold across Canada between November 2008 and November 2009.
Some forms of barium are safely used in medical and commercial applications, while other forms of barium can be toxic, causing adverse health effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and cramps as well as more severe symptoms. Children's toys coated with paint containing barium in excess of the allowable limit are strictly prohibited in Canada.
Health Canada has not received any reports of incidents or illnesses related to the use of this product.
For more information, go to: http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=889
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post