Homelite leaf blowers recalled over fire hazard
- November 17, 2009 3:44 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Health Canada has announced a recall of Homelite leaf blowers because the fuel tanks may leak and pose a fire hazard.
This recall involves two models of Homelite backpack blowers: UT08580 and UT0858A, made between July 2007 and June 2009. About 4,600 were sold in Canada at Home Depot stores and various online retailers.
There have been 18 reports in the U.S. of gasoline tanks leaking, including one report of minor skin irritation. There are no reports of incidents or injuries to Canadians.
Blowers with the letters "CA" embossed on the fuel tank or a green dot on the outside of the package are not included in this recall.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled blowers and return them to the nearest Homelite authorized service centre where the fuel tank will be replaced without charge.
To see the recall notice: http://cpsr-rspc.hc-sc.gc.ca/PR-RP/recall-retrait-eng.jsp?re_id=884
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post