Magzoid magnetic construction toys recalled
- September 25, 2009 3:51 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Magz is recalling Magzoid magnetic construction system toys because of small parts that pose a choking hazard.
The toy, which includes brightly coloured hollow steel balls that can be connected using plastic discs with small, powerful embedded magnets, poses a danger to small children who could swallow the discs. If swallowed, the magnets could cause blockages or holes in intestinal walls and be fatal.
Though Health Canada has received one complaint about this product, there have been no reports of injuries.
About 350 units of the toys were sold across Canada, mostly in 2007, though six units were sold in 2009.
Consumers are advised to take the toys away from children and dispose of them.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post