Health Canada expands recall of Maytag fridges
- August 27, 2009 2:33 PM
- By Tara Kimura
Health Canada is expanding its March 2009 recall of Maytag, Magic Chef, Performa by Maytag and Crosley brand side-by-side and top freezer refrigerators.
An electrical failure in the relay, the component that turns on the refrigerator's compressor, can cause overheating and pose a serious fire hazard.
Maytag has received three additional reports of incidents with no injuries in Canada.
Outside Canada, Maytag has received 23 more reports of refrigerator relay ignition, including four reports of property damage.
The affected refrigerators were made in black, bisque, white and stainless steel.
The following model and serial number combinations are being recalled. The model and serial numbers are printed on a label located on the top middle or upper left side of the refrigerator liner.
· Side-by-side refrigerators with serial numbers ending in CN, CP, YY, YZ and model numbers beginning with MZ.
· Top freezer refrigerators with serial numbers ending in CA, CC, CE, CG, ZB, ZD, ZF, ZH and model numbers beginning with CT15G4, CTB152, CTL151, CTM152, CTN151, MTB195, MTB215, MTB245, MTF195, MTF215, PTB155, PTB175, PTB195, PTB215
Consumers should immediately contact Maytag to determine if their refrigerator is included in the recall and, if so, to schedule a free in-home repair.
Consumers should not return the refrigerator to the retailer where it was purchased.
For more information, consumers may contact Maytag toll-free at 1-866-533-9817 anytime.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post