Jardine expands crib recall for second time
- April 30, 2009 2:37 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Jardine Enterprises said it is recalling 96,000 cribs because of a potential choking hazard. The furniture manufacturer said the wooden slats of its crib might fracture, creating an entrapment and strangulation hazard for infants and toddlers.
Taiwan-based Jardine said the following models are subject to the recall:
· Drop-side Natural Olympia Single (model no. 0102B00) dated September 2005 to January 2007.
· Drop-side Dark Pine Olympia Single (model no. 0102E00) dated September 2005 to January 2008.
· White Olympia Lifetime (model no. 0302P00) dated November 2005 to May 2008.
· Americana Pecan 4-in-1 (model no. 0312D00) dated May 2006 to November 2007.
· Antique White Capri 4-in-1 (model no. 0308L00) dated December 2005 to November 2007.
· Drop-side White Capri Style (model no. 0108C00) dated August 2006 to November 2007.
The units were manufactured in China and Vietnam.
Jardine already recalled 56,000 units in January and another 320,000 in June 2008.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said it has received 31 reports of breaking slats.
In 10 of these cases, the child broke the wood piece while actually in the crib. The government agency said it had two reports of a child becoming trapped in the opening. And, in one incident, the toddler sustained minor injuries.
Consumers should stop placing children in the cribs and should contact Jardine in order to receive a full refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post