Igniting gas can shatter fireplace doors
- March 27, 2009 3:24 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Central Fireplace of Greenbush, Minn., has recalled about 760 Direct Vent gas fireplaces because gas can accumulate and ignite, exposing bystanders to possible injury from shards of broken glass.
No injuries have been reported, but the company has received seven reports of the fireplaces' glass doors breaking when consumers were relighting the pilot light.
Excess gas can accumulate in the firebox if the pilot light is not on. When consumers attempt to relight the fireplace, the gas can ignite, shattering the doors.
The recalled models are CF3036MV-LP and CF3036MVB. The model number is on the data plate behind the control panel door where the gas valve is located.
The fireplaces were sold across the United States from April 2001 through July 2007 for about $1,600 US.
Consumers should stop using the fireplaces immediately, shut off the gas supply and call Central Fireplace at (800) 248-4681 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday to get a free replacement kit.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post