Girl’s shoes recalled over excessive lead in decorative paint
- March 17, 2009 2:04 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling Nordstrom girl’s shoes because of excessive levels of lead in the paint covering the outer sole.
The recall includes six styles of Nordstrom-brand shoes for girls:
· Clarice-Fab flats are bone-colored with a bow.
· Eva-Fab are bone-colored T-strap sandals.
· Fern-Fab are ankle strap sandals sold in bone, pink, white, blue polka-dot or pink polka-dot.
· Lilly-Fab are fuchsia gingham ballerina flats with a bow.
· Rita-Fab are ankle strap dress shoes sold in ivory linen, pink linen, white linen, cafe satin, silver satin or white satin.
· Vivi-Fab are open-toe dress shoes in bone, white, green polka-dot, lavender polka-dot or yellow polka-dot.
The shoes were sold in girls’ sizes 10 through big-kids 7. All shoes have an embossed "Nordstrom" logo printed on the insole. Only the colours identified above are subject to the recall.
About 31,000 of the shoes were sold at stores across the U.S. from September 2006 through February 2009 for between about $35 US and $45 US.
Consumers should take the recalled shoes away from children immediately and return them to any Nordstrom store for a full refund or exchange.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post