Ground beef recalled because it may contain glass
- February 16, 2009 10:14 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning people not to eat certain types of ground beef sold at the Real Canadian Superstore in Kelowna, B.C., because it may contain pieces of glass.
The fresh Lean Ground Beef Club Pack was sold in store-packed 2.5-kg trays, bearing best-before date Feb 12, 09 and UPC 283460 913732 from Real Canadian Superstore, 2280 Baron Road, Kelowna, B.C. The label, however, bears the name of Westfair Foods, Calgary, Alta.
There have been no reported injuries.
For more information, consumers can call Loblaw Companies customer relations at 866-999-9890.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post