Disney tool set poses choking hazard
- February 13, 2009 11:09 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled about 20,000 Playhouse Disney Handy Manny toy tool sets because small parts could come loose and choke young children if they put them in their mouths.
Health Canada has recalled about 516 of the toys which were sold at Disney stores across Canada.
In the U.S., Disney has received three reports of detached parts, including two reports of children who started to choke on the pieces. There were no injuries.There are no Canadian reports of problems.
The set includes eight plastic pieces, with Handy Manny embossed on one side of the tool box and the universal product code #405144100614 or #422147400633 on the packaging.
The sets were sold at the Disney Store from October 2007 to January 2009 for about $15 US each.
Disney is offering a full refund.
The company can be reached at (866) 902-2798 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post