CFIA highlights flawed basil
- February 26, 2009 3:43 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is telling consumers not to eat basil leaves from Uncle John’s Herbs of Canning, N.S., because they might contain salmonella.
The company has begun a voluntary recall of the six-gram packages sold in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island under the brand name “Organic Basil Leaf.”
Uncle John’s has begun a voluntary recall of the packaged leaves.
The CFIA said there have no reported illnesses from consuming this product.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post