Bicycle front wheel recalled because spokes may break
- February 9, 2009 11:53 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Health Canada is recalling Mavic brand-name bicycles with R-SYS Front Wheels because the spokes of the front wheel may break, causing the rider to lose control.
The recall involves all models of Mavic bicycle R-SYS (including R-SYS test and R-SYS prime) front wheel, whether purchased separately or as part of a bicycle.
Consumers should immediately return their front wheel to a Mavic dealer. A new upgraded R-SYS front wheel will be delivered free.
This exchange will start March 31. Until this date, Mavic will offer a set of Aksium wheels that customers can keep after they have received the replacement R-SYS front wheel.
About 307 of the recalled front wheels were sold at specialty bicycle stores across Canada from May 2007 through December 2008.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post