Toy drums recalled over lead paint
- December 24, 2008 12:43 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling about 2,800 toy drums marketed as Calypso Steel Drums.
The commission said Tuesday that the drums, manufactured by New York state-based Woodstock Percussion Inc., contain excessive levels of lead in the surface paint.
The recalled drums are made of steel and come with two wooden drumsticks and a wooden stand. The sides of the drums are painted red. The drum pans are painted black with silver markings to show the location of notes.
Each rim is stamped with a No. 5 five or No. 6.
Consumers should immediately take the recalled drums away from children and return them to Woodstock Percussion for a replacement drum and a $5 US credit or payment.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post