Sexual performance products Firm Dose and Granite Rooster may pose serious health risks: Health Canada
- November 27, 2008 10:46 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Health Canada is warning consumers not to use Firm Dose and Granite Rooster, two products promoted to enhance male sexual performance, as they contain potentially harmful unlisted ingredients.
Firm Dose contains an undeclared pharmaceutical ingredient similar to the prescription drug sildenafil, while Granite Rooster contains an undeclared pharmaceutical ingredient similar to the prescription drug tadalafil, Health Canada said Thursday.
Patients with heart problems who take these drugs may be at increased risk of sudden cardiac death, heart attack, stroke, low blood pressure, chest pain and abnormal heartbeat.
Consumers are being advised to return the products to the place of purchase.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post