Dive sticks recalled for impalement hazard
- November 14, 2008 9:50 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 130 Swim 'N Score Pool Stix are being recalled because they pose an impalement hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
The CPSC warns children can suffer injuries if they fall or land on the sticks in shallow water.
No associated incidents have been reported.
The recall applies to products with the UPC No. 4969382814 sold in Modell's Sporting Goods stores in the U.S. from August 1999 to October 2008 for about $3 US each.
The products were made in Taiwan.
Consumers should stop using the dive sticks and return them to the retailer for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post