Power adapters for DYMO printers recalled for burn hazard
- October 31, 2008 9:25 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 17,000 power adapters sold with DYMO printers are being recalled because they may not function properly, causing the printer to overheat, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
The recall includes adapters sold with the following printers:
- DYMO LabelWriter 400.
- DYMO LabelWriter 400 Turbo.
- DYMO LabelWriter Twin Turbo.
- DYMO LabelWriter Duo.
- DYMO Desktop Mailing Solution.
The packages for the adapters were marked with the date codes 2407, 2507, 2607 or 2707. Adapters with RoHS aren't included in the recall.
The printers were sold in U.S. stores from September 2007 through October 2008. The prices ranged from $100 to $250 US.
The products were made in China.
Consumers should stop using the adapters and contact the company for a replacement.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post