Crate & Barrel recalls tea lights for fire, burn hazards
- October 30, 2008 10:38 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Illinois-based Crate & Barrel is recalling about 30,000 tea-light holders shaped as ghosts because they pose a burn and fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
The CPSC said five tea-light holders have caught fire and one consumer has complained the holder became excessively hot. Two reports of injuries as well as minor property damage have been reported.
The recall affects tea lights with the product number #370-846 and #770123. The products were sold in U.S. stores and through Crate & Barrel's catalogue from August to October 2008 for about $10 for a set of 3. Other retail stores priced individual holders for between $3 and $5.
The holders were made in China.
Consumers should stop using the tea-light holders and return them to the retailer for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post