Camera battery chargers recalled over shock hazard
- October 15, 2008 12:23 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling digital camera battery chargers imported by Fujifilm U.S.A. Inc., of Valhalla, N.Y. over an electrical shock hazard.
The recalled BC-50 battery chargers were included with the Fujifilm FinePix F100fd digital cameras and are identified by the production lot codes “WCAA” and “WCAB,” on the back of the battery charger unit, in the lower, right-hand corner.
The battery chargers were also sold separately as an optional accessory for the FinePix F100fd and F50fd digital cameras and have production lot codes of “WBAD” and “WFBA.” Battery chargers packaged with the Fujifilm Finepix F50d digital cameras are not included in the recall.
About 5,300 chargers were sold across the United States at camera and photo supply retailers from March 2008 through September 2008 for about $60 US each.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post