Sony recalls 440,000 Vaio laptops for overheating danger
- September 4, 2008 3:56 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Tokyo-based Sony Corp. on Thursday said it is recalling about 440,000 Vaio laptop computers worldwide to fix a faulty wiring problem that could cause the products to overheat.
The recall affects the following models made between May 2007 and July 2008:
- VAIO VGN-TZ100 series.
- VGN-TZ200 series.
- VGN-TZ300 series.
- VGN-TZ2000 series.
The company has learned of 15 computers overheating, including one injury involving a minor burn.
The computers were made in Japan and the U.S.
Consumers should stop using the notebook computers and contact the company for an inspection and repair if necessary.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post