Remote-controlled helicopters recalled for fire, burn hazards
- September 12, 2008 10:40 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
New York-based Ashley Collection Inc. is recalling about 78,000 miniature helicopters because batteries inside may overheat, creating a fire and burn hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
The company has learned of nine related incidents, including one incident of a minor burn.
The recall affects the Protocol model sold in U.S. stores from October 2007 through December 2007 for between $30 and $50 US.
The helicopters were made in China.
Consumers should take the toys away from children and contact the company for a replacement.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post