Ivanhoe cheese recall expanded, again
- September 12, 2008 11:57 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Canada's food watchdog has expanded an earlier recall of Ivanhoe cheeses to include one more product sold in Ontario.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Thursday the original recall issued on Sept. 5 has been updated to include the following products:
Great Canadian brand Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 200g, code 3070, UPC 0 68642 00200 4.
Great Canadian brand Shredded Marble Cheese, 400g, code 3070, UPC 0 68642 00211 0.
Great Canadian brand Shredded Marble Cheese, 200g, code 3070, UPC 0 68642 00201 1.
Ivanhoe brand Marble Cheese, 2.5 kg, code 3070.
No associated illnesses have been reported, the CFIA said. Symptoms of listeriosis include:
Loss of balance.
People who eat foods contaminated with listeria may carry the bacteria and not develop listeriosis. Those most vulnerable to developing the disease include the elderly, infants and patients with a compromised immune system.
Pregnant women who develop listeriosis in their first trimester are at risk of miscarriage, while women in the later stages of pregnancy are at risk of delivering a stillborn or acutely ill infant.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post