Harry Potter bookends recalled over lead in paint
- September 24, 2008 2:17 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling Harry Potter bookends due to excessive levels of lead in the paint.
About 36,000 of the bookends were sold a elementary school fundraising programs in the United States, at discount and dollar stores from June 2004 through January 2006 for between $3 US and $28 US each.
The bookends, imported by Giftco Inc., of Vernon Hills, Ill., are painted and shaped in the characters of the Harry Potter book series. Bookend characters include Harry Potter, Hedwig and Hermione, and Crookshank.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post