Aqua Lung USA pulls scuba regulators, adapters
- September 12, 2008 10:44 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
California-based Aqua Lung USA is recalling about 6,000 regulators and adaptors because they pose a drowning hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
The recall affects Titan DIN 1st Stage Scuba Regulators made before June 2006 with serial numbers lower than 6062501.Titan/Conshelf DIN Scuba Adaptors marked "300 BAR MAX" are also included in the recall.
The CPSC warns that DIN retainers may break under pressure if they are over-tightened during installation. The company has learned of one associated incident; no injuries were reported.
The scuba equipment was sold through Aqua Lung dealers in the U.S. from January 1997 through September 2008 for about $300 to $450 for the regulators and $70 for the adapters.
The products were made in France.
Consumers should stop using the equipment and contact their dealer for a replacement DIN retainer.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post