GM recalls 944,000 vehicles because of fire hazard
- August 29, 2008 5:05 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
General Motors Corp. is recalling 944,000 vehicles because a windshield wiper system can cause a fire.
No one has been hurt, but there have been three reports of fires.
Most of the vehicles are in the U.S., but the recall includes nearly 100,000 in Canada, Mexico and the Middle East.
The recall involves vehicles with a heated windshield washer fluid system. A short circuit in the system could cause a fire.
The recall includes:
· 2008 Buick Enclave.
· 2006-2008 Buick Lucerne.
· 2006-2008 Cadillac DTS.
· 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade.
· 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV.
· 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT.
· 2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Tahoe and Suburban.
· 2007-2008 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL.
· 2006-2008 Hummer H2.
· 2007-2008 Saturn Outlook.
GM dealers will repair the problem at no charge.
For more information, consumers can call Buick at (866) 608-8080; Cadillac at (800) 982-2339; Chevrolet at (800) 630-2438; Saturn at (800) 972-8876; GMC at (866) 996-9436; Hummer at (800) 732-5493.
- With files from the Associated Press
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post