Health Canada issues foreign product alerts
- July 28, 2008 9:12 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Health Canada has issued three foreign product alerts, warning consumers of potential side effects.
The alerts, issued Thursday, apply to the following products:
- Therma Power and Grenade Fat Burner weight loss products.
- Viril-Ity-Power (VIP) Tabs sexual enhancement and erectile dysfunction products.
- Wobido erectile dysfunction product.
None of the products have been authorized for sale in Canada but may have been brought into the country by travellers or purchased online.
Health Canada warns Therma Power and Grenade Fat Burner contain ephedrine, which may cause serious and possible fatal adverse effects. Viril-Ity Power Tabs and Wobido contain prescription medication that should only be taken under the supervision of a health care practitioner.
No adverse reactions have been reported in Canada.
Consumers with questions can contact Health Canada at (613) 957-2991 or toll-free at 1-866-225-0709.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post