30,000 lip gloss, jewelry sets recalled for lead exposure
- July 11, 2008 9:28 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 30,000 sets containing lip gloss and jewelry are being recalled in the U.S. because they contain high amounts of lead, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
The products were sold in U.S. Wal-Mart stores from May 2008 through June 2008 for about $6 US.
The recall includes the following products:
- Frog set, model number 6709-4250, UPC 72783357703.
- Monkey set, model number 6709-4251, UPC 72783357704.
- Cat set, model number 6709-4252, UPC 72783357705.
No adverse health effects have been reported.
The products were made in China and were imported by F.A.F. Inc.
Consumers should take the toys away from children and return them to the store for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post