Disney recalls sleeping bags, wands for high lead levels
- May 23, 2008 11:47 AM
- By Tara Kimura
Disney is recalling about 8,000 Tinker Bell Wands and 4,100 Pirates of the Caribbean sleeping bags because surface paint on the products contains high levels of lead, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
The recall affects the following products:
- Sleeping bags with a cartoon pirate design and the style number F1652B0003 sold in Disney stores from April 2007 through October 2007 for about $25 US.
- Green Tinker Bell wands sold in Disney stores from April 2007 through October 2007 for about $13 US.
Both products were manufactured in China.
No adverse health effects have been reported.
Caregivers should take the products away from children and return them to the Disney Store for a refund.
Tinker Bell wands
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post