American Flame recalls fireplace gas valves
- May 27, 2008 9:05 AM
- By Tara Kimura
American Flame is recalling fireplace gas valves in Canada because they may fail to operate properly, Health Canada said Monday.
The recall affects American Flame AF-4000 series gas valves with the date codes 0622 through 0718 sold under the following brand names:
- Pacific Energy.
- Travis Industries.
- CFM Corporation.
- Canadian Heating Products.
- Portland Willamette.
- Chimeneas de Columbia.
- Twin Eagles.
- Inca Metals (Savannah Heating).
- Even Temp.
- Valley Comfort.
The fireplaces were sold between September 2006 and July 2007 though the manufacturer was unable to specify how many have been sold across the country.
Health Canada warns gas may continue to run even after the switch has been turned off. The company has learned of two associated incidents involving valve failure.
The federal agency warns consumers with the recalled valves to stop using their fireplaces and contact the company for a repair.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post